Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Shadow Knows


Week 37

This week's topic was suggested by my daughter and while the subject matter was probably the last thing I would have chosen if left to my own it was more fun than just about anything else I've tried lately.  You have to break out of your shell every once in a while...

The camera and setting don't really matter so I'm not even going to get into that.  It is all about shape, light,  and some sort of emotion.

The book covers architectural shadow, urban settings, and objects.  I started with that but once I got started photographing my own shadown I couldn't stop.  I did lots of post - they've been darkened because I liked what it did to the mood.  The two shadows on the sidewalk were manipulated with the Topaz 4 Dark - Ghost filter.

Try it, all you need is the sun.... 

Idea based on Shadowplay, pages 114-115 in the book 50 Photo Projects by Lee Frost.

1 comment:

  1. I think the first one looks very Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde!

    ReplyDelete