Sunday, June 28, 2009

Circle Theme

Week 2

This is probably going to be harder than I thought.... I had a couple of ideas this week that I pursued and this was the best I could do. The reason I think it is going to be hard is that each week I'll have less and less to choose from.

I chose a theme (circles) and then went out to shoot it. The photographs were all taken today down on Stephen Avenue in Calgary. I went for black and white again this week because it is artsy and just seemed right. Lighting was all natural, late morning light.

I've used this concept before, see for example this grouping of flowers in Brisbane by clicking here.

The camera was a D3 hand held mostly in aperture preferred mode and wide open, 70-300 mm VR Nikkor lens at various focal lengths, ASA 200 or 400 set to get acceptable shutter speed. I was stuck with Elements 5.0 on my baby laptop to crop each circle to a square format, increase the contrast, and convert to black and white.

Idea based on Shoot a Theme, pages 118-119 in the book 50 Photo Projects, by Lee Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment